HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
This Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency, HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources should be undertaken by all persons or employees whom are responsible for the management of first aid in the workplace. The course is structured to teach the participants how to establish and maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace. The unit applies to workers in nominated occupational first aid or management roles.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks at least once in line with State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
- conducted a workplace risk assessment
- developed a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- used a first aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
- maintained first aid equipment and resources according to manufacturer’s instructions
- used and maintained documentation required by the workplace and regulatory authorities.