HLT21015 Cert II in Medical Service First Response
Mine Rescue Medical Competencies
This qualification reflects the role of first medical response workers or volunteers who provide initial care to patients. They provide basic first aid and emergency responses in the pre-hospital/out-of hospital environment.
MED Response has enhanced this qualification to meet the needs of the mining industry and the role of the Emergency Response team member who is required to provide emergency medical assessment and treatment. Clustering of units ensures a more practical, hands-on delivery method. The focus with this delivery method is provision of emergency medical care.
From the founder of MEDIC ONE
We have designed and developed the HLT21015 Cert II in Medical Service First Response as a product of SETS Enterprise Pty Ltd [RTO # 52334]. This enables us to once again offer quality back to the training and education of Mine rescue team members in medical competencies. Our instructors are all current and highly experienced providers of both national and international education in prehospital emergency response.
The way that information is presented to learners will be a combination of clustering skills and knowledge across all units of competency. This holistic delivery format is a better match to what really occurs in the workplace. To meet both the volume of learning and the amount of training required for this qualification, we have designed it to be delivered over several modules including 5 days of face-to-face learning.
Nine units of competency will be clustered with sections from each unit being delivered and/or assessed throughout the entire 5 days of Module 3. This means that students will need to attend 100% of the training and assessments to be awarded the qualification.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people [core]
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid [core]
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention & control pol. & proc. [core]
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety [core]
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid [chosen elective]
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation [chosen elective]
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems [chosen elective]
- HLTAMB001 Follow procedures for routine safe removal of patient [chosen elective]
- HLTAMB002 Implement safe access and egress in an emergency [chosen elective]